How LSH helps Restore the Gift of SightSight
- Do you need surgery to restore your sight?
- Is the cost stopping you?
If you need surgery to correct a problem with your vision and the cost is preventing you from solving the problem, we may be able to help. LSH funds critically needed treatment to help restore sight for people in our service area who lack the income and/or don’t have adequate insurance coverage. Though cataract surgery is most common eye issue we help fund, we do help with other eye issues, including retinal detachment, retinal tear, surfer’s eye (pterygium) and gas bubbles on the retina.
Age Demographics of LSH Sight Clients
If you have an eye condition that will benefit from one of the sponsored surgeries, and if you don’t have insurance and are not eligible for government medical programs, or you have insurance but the copay is not affordable, review our 4 Step Guide – Do I Qualify?. or call 1-800-647-6638.
Have you lived in one of the 12 California counties listed below for the past three years (36 months)?
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
What You Need
- Verification of Identity – social security card, driver’s license, passport, or visa.
- Verification of Residency – utility bills, telephone bills or rental agreement with your name and address.
- Health insurance documentation or written explanation of lack of coverage.
- Doctor’s eye exam or report showing the diagnosis. Or contact LSF for help finding a doctor to obtain a diagnosis.
CALL for Application: 1-800-647-6638
EMAIL for Application admin@LSHF.org
PLEASE NOTE: LSH does not provide funding for eyeglasses or contact lenses. The following organizations may be able to help:
- The California Vision Foundation: http://www.coavision.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageID=3721
- California Lions Friends in Sight: www.californialionsfriendsinsight.org
- Center for the Partially Sighted: https://lowvisionblog.wordpress.com/about/
LSH may be able to help with the cost of your eye surgery/procedure.
Our staff is happy to provide guidance through the process.