How to Qualify – LSH Services
LSH Service Area
Have you lived in one of the 12 California counties listed below for the past three years (36 months)?
- Los Angeles
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
Who Should Apply
- SIGHT - People with an eye condition that will benefit from one of sponsored procedures/ surgeries and lack health insurance but earn too much to qualify for Medi-Cal or other programs.
- HEARING - People who have hearing loss that would benefit from hearing aids that are not covered by health insurance.
- People who have an Adjusted Gross Annual Income (AGI) of $17,600 - $30,000 and do not have property other than their home and/or a car.
What You Need
- Verification of Identity - driver's license, passport, or visa.
- Verification of Residency - utility bills, telephone bills or rental agreement with your name and address.
- Health insurance documentation - written explanation of lack of coverage.
- Doctor’s eye exam or report showing the diagnosis. Or contact LSF for help finding a Doctor to obtain a diagnosis.
|CALL for Application:|
|EMAIL for Application|
|EMAIL Application to:|
|FAX Application to:|
|MAIL Application to:|
|3450 East Spring St. #212|
|Long Beach, CA 90806|
Questions about Applying?
LSH does not provide funding for eyeglasses or contact lenses.
The following organizations may be able to help:
People who have an eye condition that may benefit from one of the sponsored surgeries / treatments and lack health insurance but earn too much to qualify for Medi-Cal or other similar programs in our California Service Area. The most commonly funded treatment is cataract surgery. in some cases LSH funds other eye surgeries and procedures.
LSH helps people in our California Service Area who meet our guidelines to obtain critically needed hearing aids. If one meets the guidelines, LSH will provide hearing aids to applicant, dispensed through a local hearing aid dispensary. In some cases LSH helps with a copay for those who are above LSH income level criteria to receive hearing aids at no cost.