Photo: Anne Fishbein
Ken Blackwood – President
Born in Inglewood, California, Ken has lived most of his life in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County where he learned the value of community service from his parents and extended family. He has resided in the City of Lomita for more than 30 years.
He is a graduate of El Camino College and Webster University of Saint Louis, Missouri earning a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Management.
Ken is a realtor with Century 21 Amber Realty.
Ken’s many community activities include:
- Three terms as Mayor of the City of Lomita
- President of the Los Angeles County Division of League of California Cities
- Chairperson of the South Bay Cities Council of Governments
- President of the Lomita Sister City Association.
- Lions Club International, of District Governor for District 4-L3, which encompasses the south west portion of Los Angeles County.
Ken also serves on several community non-profit boards, including the Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation and California Friends in Sight Foundation.